In the 21st century, despite all the high-tech achievements, humanity faces the danger that is not so easy to cope with. The virus coronavirus paralyzes the global economy. To solve the problem and soon return to the usual rhythm of life, everyone needs to follow the doctors’ recommendations.
So, in case you feel unwell, the temperature rises, a strong cough, and difficulty breathing appear, you should immediately call a doctor. These symptoms may indicate COVID-19, a disease caused by a coronavirus. Here are some recommendations on what an individual should do in this situation step by step.
What is It Special About COVID-19?
Firstly, understand why a new viral disease is dangerous, and what causes coronavirus. COVID-19 is caused by one of the viruses of the coronavirus family. Most of them are not dangerous to humans, and the diseases they cause occur without serious complications. But some of the coronavirus causes can lead to adverse outcomes.
Most respiratory diseases have the same symptoms and are not serious. But COVID-19 has a strong negative effect on the respiratory organs and can lead to critical conditions like:
- a septic shock,
- respiratory failure;
- others which require intensive care.
Fatal outcomes have been reported in patients with concomitant diseases: diabetes, oncology, heart, and pulmonary failure. Also, pregnant women are in the risk group.
What is Vital to Know About COVID-19?
First of all, you need to understand that CODID-19 spreads very quickly. For several months, the geography of the incidence has expanded. The main transmission route is airborne, as well as airborne dust and contact like shaking hands: with dirty hands, a person can bring a coronavirus into the body through the mucous membranes.
What to Do With COVID-19 Symptoms?
If you feel unwell and have symptoms of a respiratory sickness, follow the instructions:
- Stay at home and do not go to work (inform your employer about illness), shops and other public places or don’t use public transportation;
- Isolate yourself from other family members and people around;
- Call your therapist at home, describing all the symptoms, and reporting your suspicions about having coronavirus.
To determine the possibility of COVID-19, the health care provider may ask the following questions:
- Have you recently traveled to China, the USA, Italy, or any other country with an increased sickness rate?
- Have you had close contact with people diagnosed with COVID-19 for the last two weeks?
- What symptoms do you experience? Is there a strong cough, shortness of breath, fever, dry mouth, muscle pain, intestinal upset, or headaches?
Useful Tips for Possible Patients
Do not panic and follow all your doctor’s prescriptions. To make an accurate diagnosis – COVID-19, you will be prescribed to undergo special tests. If you have to leave your home to go to your health care facility, take the following precautions:
- Wear a mask, not forgetting to change it every 2-3 hours, so that coughing and sneezing do not infect other people.
- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds, especially after coughing and sneezing.
- In public vehicles and other crowded areas, minimize contact with surfaces and objects. Wear gloves for this.
Personal Hygiene is the Key to Health
The therapist will write out a treatment plan, so, follow it exactly. And to help your body cope with the causes of coronavirus, behave as follows:
- At home, wipe the surfaces of household and technical devices: door handles, handrails, computer keyboard, office equipment panels, remotes, etc.;
- Avoid stress and stay calm;
- Follow the regime, including a full sleep;
- When feel better, try to maintain light physical activity;
- Increase the number of fresh fruit and vegetables in your diet, pay attention to the quality of water, and the thermal processing of food (especially meat and eggs).
The main thing is to keep calm! Despite all the danger, doctors are constantly studying the virus and are getting more and more information about treatment methods. They work with national and international organizations to learn about the coronavirus cause and take all measures to prevent the spread of infection.